Krsna Kirtana Songs est. 2001 www.kksongs.org
Song Name: Tvam Pundraka Slista Sandista
Official Name: Volume 2 Chapter 21 Verse 68
Author: Jiva Goswami
Book Name: Gopala Campu
naṭyābha-tad-veṣam udraṣṭum utkaṇṭha
sānandam āgatya sandṛṣṭa-tad-deśa
taḿ draṣṭum atyartham udyamya sāveśa
antardhim atrātha tat-sainyam uddhūya
samveṣam utprekṣya tatrālam utprāsā
pratyarpaṇāyeva sad-dhāmni cakrāsā
tasyāśuci-vidhvastamas tasya tatrātha
kāśyāḿ nirasyāpi sampūrṇa-tat-kṛtya
svāvāsam āsādya lekhāpta-saḿsańga
tat-putra-kṛtyāgnim ākarṇya sad-rańga
pārśva-stham ādiśya cakraḿ ca sa-krīḍa
mitrāt parājitya lekhāsu sa-vrīḍa
cakreṇa kāśyādi dagdhaḿ ca nirvartya
yāḿ dvārakām āśu yāsi sma tam eva
hitvā vraje bhāsi vṛndāṭavī-deva
1) O Lord who was very surprised to hear Paundraka's double-edged words, O Lord who smiled and refuted all of Paundraka's assertions, . . .
2) O Lord eager to see Paundraka dressed as an actor, O Lord who sounded the transcendental conchshell, . .
3) O Lord who happily approached Paundraka, O Lord eager to see Paundraka, . . .
4) O Lord who destroyed Paundraka's army, O Lord who stood face-to-face with Paundraka, . . .
5) O Lord who loudly laughed to see Paundraka dressed like Lord Visnu, O Lord who, as if to return it to its proper owner, threw the cakra at Paundraka, . . .
6) O Lord who removed Paundraka's impurity, O Lord who with arrows killed Paundraka's friend, the King of Kasi, . . .
7) O Lord who cut off the
head of Kasi's king and threw it into
8) O Lord who returned to Your own home in Dvaraka, O Lord who, in the company of Your devotees heard that Kasiraja's son had sent a fire-demon to destroy Dvaraka, . . .
9) O Lord who threw Your cakra, which easily defeated the fire-demon, . . .
10) O Lord whose cakra made the fire-demon sent by Kasiraja's son turn around and burn Kasi to ashes, . . .
11) O Lord You then
returned to Dvaraka. O Lord of Vrndavana
forest, leaving Dvaraka behind, You
again shine with great splendor in the
No Extra Information available for this song!
UPDATED: July 4, 2009