Krsna Kirtana Songs est. 2001 www.kksongs.org
Song Name: Vraja Madhura Madhuri Hrasita
Official Name: Vollume 2 Chapter 16 Verse 117
Author: Jiva Goswami
Book Name: Gopala Campu
manasi nṛpa-vaibhavaḿ dadhatam ati-vāmanam
agamad atha kaścana dvijanir asurāhitam
sa tad-ucita-caturīm amṛtam iva nirviśan
tam anu nijam āyayau nagaram ita-sammadaḥ
avadad api taḿ harer abhigamana-sampadaḥ
atha sa-sukha-bhīṣmajā muhur anamad atra-sā
dvijam amukam icchati nija-bhāvikam atra sā
iha mahasi sailajā-paricaraṇa-dambhikā
bhavitum atha bhīṣmajā hari-caraṇa-lambhikā
ripu-nicayam ācinon malina-mukha-śociṣā
yudham adhīta rukmavān asura-paribhāvake
vyadhīta khalu rukmiṇaḿ kṛta-vāpana-muṇḍanam
na param ajitas tathākṛta-vikṛta-tuṇḍakam
murajid atha nirjayan sa-nṛpa-caya-bhīṣmajam
agamad atha tan nijaḿ nagaram ita-bhīṣmajam
1) One day a brahmana approached Lord Krsna, whose sweet pastimes in Vraja had ended, who was the demons' enemy, and who, in His heart thinking of Himself as a king, had no desire for marriage.
2) The brahmana recited a message from Princess Rukmini, and Lord Krsna replied with eloquent words sweet like nectar. The happy brahmana returned to his own city and spoke to Rukmini the good news of Lord Krsna's arrival there.
3) Bowing again and again before the brahmana, joyful Rukmini desired that he become happy and prosperous. Yearning to attain Lord Krsna's feet, Rukmini worshiped Goddess Parvati.
4) Riding on a chariot, Lord Krsna gloriously kidnaped Rukmini as His enemies complained with unhappy faces. Lord Krsna made Jarasandha and His other enemies turn from the battle, and only Rukmi was willing to fight with Krsna, the crusher of the demons.
5) Lord Krsna defeated Rukmi, shaved his head, and made him very odd-looking. Defeated by Krsna, Rukmi and the kings returned to their own cities.
No Extra Information available for this song!
UPDATED: July 4, 2009