Krsna Kirtana Songs est. 2001 www.kksongs.org
Song Name: Vrndavane Viharator Iha Keli Kunje
Official Name: Volume 2 Sri Gandharva Samprarthanastakam
Author: Rupa Goswami
Book Name: Stavamala
vṛndāvane viharator iha keli-kuñje
sandarśayasva yuvayor vadanāravinda-
dvandvaḿ vidhehi mayi devi kṛpāḿ prasīda
hā devi kāku-bhara-gadgadayādya vācā
yāce nipatya bhuvi daṇḍavad udbhaṭārtiḥ
asya prasādam abudhasya janasya kṛtvā
gāndharvike nija-gaṇe gaṇanāḿ vidhehi
śyāmasya vāma-bhuja-baddha-tanuḿ kadāhaḿ
tvām indirā-virala-rūpa-bharāḿ bhajāmi
tvāḿ pracchadena mudira-cchavinā pidhāya
mañjīra-mukta-caraṇāḿ ca vidhāya devi
kuñje vrajendra-tanayena virājamāne
naktaḿ kadā pramuditām abhisārayiṣye
samvāhayiṣyati kadā yuvayor jano 'yam
vṛndāvaneśvari kadā taru-mūla-bhājau
līnāḿ nikuñja-kuhare bhavatīḿ mukunde
citraiva sūcitavatī rucirākṣi nāham
bhugnā bhruvaḿ na racayeti mṛṣā-ruṣaḿ tvām
agre vrajendra-tanayasya kadānuneṣye
phullābhir ālibhir analpam udīryamāṇa-
stotrāḿ kadā nu bhavatīm avalokayiṣye
yaḥ ko 'pi suṣṭhu vṛṣabhānu-kumārikāyāḥ
samprārthanāṣṭakam idaḿ paṭhati prapannaḥ
sā preyasā saha sametya dhṛta-pramodā
tasya prasāda-laharīm urarī-karoti
1) O Goddess! Be merciful to me and reveal Your lotus face to me when You and Sri Krsna play in the playgroves of Vrndavana, enjoying like intoxicated, blissful Lordly elephants!
2) O Goddess! In great distress I prostrate myself before You, falling ont he ground, praying piteously unto You with faltering voice. O Gandharvike! After You bestowed Your mercy on this fool, count him (her) amongst Your own people!
3) O Syame (Sri Radhe)! When will I worship You as Indira (Laksmi), when Your beautiful body is bound up by Syama's leftarm? Krsna's beauty enchants all the people of the world and is even greater than that of Rama-ramana (Lord Visnu, Laksmi's husband).
4) O Goddess! When can I arrange for Your blissful nocturnal meeting with the son of the king of Vraja in the grove by covering Your body with a cloudblue sari and by removing theanklebells from Your feet?
5) When will this person serve Your lotus feet, that adorn the three worlds by massaging them, as You are sitting together on a playbed made of flowers in a grove, while You are making sweet jokes with each other?
6) O Queen of Vrndavana! When can I fan You with a yaktail fan with a jeweled rod when You and Sri Krsna are sitting under a tree, Your lotus-like faces beautified by drops of perspiration from fatigue after Your pastimes on the shore of Your pond (Sri Radha Kund)?
7) O beautiful-eyed One! It was not me who told Mukunda in which corner of the kunja You were hiding! Citra did it! Don't frown Your eyebrows at me in false anger! When can I take You before the son of the king of Vraja?
8) When You defeat Krsna in a joking argument, You show even greater pride, extending Your proud words to Your blooming friends, who will praise You. When will I see You like this?
9) Anyone who nicely recites these eight prayers to the daughter of king Vrsabhanu will be accepted by Her in a wave of mercy and She will joyfully appear before her with Her lover.
No Extra Information available for this song!
UPDATED: July 4, 2009