Krsna Kirtana Songs est. 2001 www.kksongs.org
Song Name: Yamihe Kamiha Saranam
Official Name: Song 13
Author: Jayadeva Goswami
Book Name: Gita Govinda
yāmihe kamiha śaraṇaḿ sakhī-jana-vacana-vańcitā
kathita-samaye'pi harir ahaha na yayau vanam
mama viphalam idam amala-rūpam api yauvanam
yad-anugamanāya niśi gahanam api śilitam
tena mama hṛdayam idam asama-śara-kīlitam
mama maraṇam eva varam iti vitatha-ketanā
kim iha viṣahāmi virahānalam acetanā
mām ahaha vidhurayati madhura-madhu-yāminī
kāpi harim anubhavati kṛta-sukṛta-kāminī
ahaha kalayāmi valayādi-maṇi-bhūṣaṇam
srag api hṛdi hanti mām ativiṣama-śilayā
aham iha nivasāmi na-gaṇita-vana-vetasā
smarati madhusūdano mām api na cetasā
vasatu hṛdi yuvatir iva komala-kalāvatī
(Refrain) Unto Whom should I surrender to? I have been misled by the sakhis false assurances.
1) Hari did not come as He promised My form and figure have become ruined is a waste.
2) Seeking the Lord’s shelter, I fled from home in the night to enter this dark forest. Finally upon meeting up with Him, I feel that Cupid’s arrows are shot.
3) O what is the use of My life? How can I remain calm in the pangs of separation? O, surely death would be more appropriate!
4) This lovely spring night is torturing me, which associate has fortune to get Krsna?
5) Oh Krsna! I am nicely dressed in wonderful garments to please you, yet the burning separation is giving Me pain, only!
6) This flower garland resting over my hearts stings body, like the arrows of the cruel hunter!
7) Tolerating the scratching, thorny thickets of this betasi flower garland, for some reason, My beloved Lord Madhusudana has completely forgotten about Me!
8) The poet Jayadeva, who surrenders at Krsna’s lotus feet, says: “Let this song embrace your heart like a soft, gopi who gives loving pleasure and service to the Lord.”
This song is popularized by M. Balamurali Krishna rendering this song in Ragam Natabhairavi (Raga Asavari) in Talam Khanda Chapu.
UPDATED: July 4, 2009