Krsna Kirtana Songs est. 2001 www.kksongs.org
Song Name: Bhuya Eva Maha Baho
Official Name: Book 6 Bhagavad-Gita Parva Section 34 (Chapter 10)
bhūya eva mahā-bāho śṛṇu me paramaḿ vacaḥ
yat te’haḿ prīyamāṇāya vakṣyāmi hitakāmyayā
na me viduḥ suragaṇāḥ prabhavaḿ na maharṣayaḥ
aham ādir hi devānāḿ maharṣīṇāḿ ca sarvaśaḥ
yo mām ajam anādiḿ ca vetti loka-maheśvaram
asaḿmūḍhaḥ sa martyeṣu sarva-pāpaiḥ pramucyate
buddhir jñānam asaḿmohaḥ kṣamā satyaḿ damaḥ śamaḥ
sukhaḿ duḥkhaḿ bhavo’bhāvo bhayaḿ cābhayam eva ca
ahiḿsā samatā tuṣṭis tapo dānaḿ yaśo’yaśaḥ
bhavanti bhāvā bhūtānāḿ matta eva pṛthag-vidhāḥ
maharṣayaḥ sapta pūrve catvāro manavas tathā
mad-bhāvā mānasā jātā yeṣāḿ loka imāḥ prajāḥ
etāḿ vibhūtiḿ yogaḿ ca mama yo vetti tattvataḥ
so’vikampena yogena yujyate nātra saḿśayaḥ
ahaḿ sarvasya prabhavo mattaḥ sarvaḿ pravartate
iti matvā bhajante māḿ budhā bhāva-samanvitāḥ
mac-cittā mad-gata-prāṇā bodhayantaḥ parasparam
kathayantaś ca māḿ nityaḿ tuṣyanti ca ramanti ca
teṣāḿ satata-yuktānāḿ bhajatāḿ prīti-pūrvakam
dadāmi buddhi-yogaḿ taḿ yena mām upayānti te
teṣām evānukampārtham aham ajñāna-jaḿ tamaḥ
nāśayāmy ātma-bhāva-stho jñāna-dīpena bhāsvatā
paraḿ brahma paraḿ dhāma pavitraḿ paramaḿ bhavān
puruṣaḿ śāśvataḿ divyam ādi-devam ajaḿ vibhum
āhus tvām ṛṣayaḥ sarve devarṣir nāradas tathā
asito devalo vyāsaḥ svayaḿ caiva bravīṣi me
sarvam etad ṛtaḿ manye yan māḿ vadasi keśava
na hi te bhagavan vyaktiḿ vidur devā na dānavāḥ
svayam evātmanātmānaḿ vettha tvaḿ puruṣottama
bhūta-bhāvana bhūteśa deva-deva jagatpate
vaktum arhasy aśeṣeṇa divyā hy ātma-vibhūtayaḥ
yābhir vibhūtibhir lokān imāḿs tvaḿ vyāpya tiṣṭhasi
kathaḿ vidyām ahaḿ yogiḿs tvāḿ sadā paricintayan
keṣu keṣu ca bhāveṣu cintyo’si bhagavan mayā
vistareṇātmano yogaḿ vibhūtiḿ ca janārdana
bhūyaḥ kathaya tṛptir hi śṛṇvato nāsti me’mṛtam
hanta te kathayiṣyāmi divyā hy ātma-vibhūtayaḥ
prādhānyataḥ kuru-śreṣṭha nāsty anto vistarasya me
aham ātmā guḍākeśa sarva-bhūtāśaya-sthitaḥ
aham ādiś ca madhyaḿ ca bhūtānām anta eva ca
ādityānām ahaḿ viṣṇur jyotiṣāḿ ravir aḿśumān
marīcir marutām asmi nakṣatrāṇām ahaḿ śaśī
vedānāḿ sāma-vedo’smi devānām asmi vāsavaḥ
indriyāṇāḿ manaś cāsmi bhūtānām asmi cetanā
rudrāṇāḿ śaḿkaraś cāsmi vitteśo yakṣa-rakṣasām
vasūnāḿ pāvakaścāsmi meruḥ śikhariṇām aham
purodhasāḿ ca mukhyaḿ māḿ viddhi pārtha bṛhaspatim
senānīnām ahaḿ skandaḥ sarasām asmi sāgaraḥ
maharṣīṇāḿ bhṛgur ahaḿ girām asmy ekam akṣaram
yajñānāḿ japa-yajño’smi sthāvarāṇāḿ himālayaḥ
aśvatthaḥ sarva-vṛkṣāṇāḿ devarṣīṇāḿ ca nāradaḥ
gandharvāṇāḿ citrarathaḥ siddhānāḿ kapilo muniḥ
uccaiḥśravasam aśvānāḿ viddhi mām amṛtodbhavam
airāvataḿ gajendrāṇāḿ narāṇāḿ ca narādhipam
āyudhānām ahaḿ vajraḿ dhenūnām asmi kāma-dhuk
prajanaś cāsmi kandarpaḥ sarpāṇām asmi vāsukiḥ
anantaś cāsmi nāgānāḿ varuṇo yādasām aham
pitṛṇām aryamā cāsmi yamaḥ saḿyamatām aham
prahlādaś cāsmi daityānāḿ kālaḥ kalayatām aham
mṛgāṇāḿ ca mṛgendro’haḿ vainateyaś ca pakṣiṇām
pavanaḥ pavatām asmi rāmaḥ śastra-bhṛtām aham
jhaṣāṇāḿ makaraś cāsmi srotasām asmi jāhnavī
sargāṇām ādir antaś ca madhyaḿ caivāham arjuna
adhyātma-vidyā vidyānāḿ vādaḥ pravadatām aham
akṣarāṇām akāro’smi dvandvaḥ sāmāsikasya ca
aham evākṣayaḥ kālo dhātāhaḿ viśvato-mukhaḥ
mṛtyuḥ sarva-haraś cāham udbhavaś ca bhaviṣyatām
kīrtiḥ śrīr vāk ca nārīṇāḿ smṛtir medhā dhṛtiḥ kṣamā
bṛhat-sāma tathā sāmnāḿ gāyatrī chandasām aham
māsānāḿ mārgaśīrṣo’ham ṛtūnāḿ kusumākaraḥ
dyūtaḿ chalayatām asmi tejas tejasvinām aham
jayo’smi vyavasāyo’smi sattvaḿ sattvavatām aham
vṛṣṇīnāḿ vāsudevo’smi pāṇḍavānāḿ dhanaḿjayaḥ
munīnām apy ahaḿ vyāsaḥ kavīnām uśanā kaviḥ
daṇḍo damayatām asmi nītir asmi jigīṣatām
maunaḿ caivāsmi guhyānāḿ jñānaḿ jñānavatām aham
yac cāpi sarva-bhūtānāḿ bījaḿ tad aham arjuna
na tad asti vinā yat syān mayā bhūtaḿ carācaram
nānto’sti mama divyānāḿ vibhūtīnāḿ parantapa
eṣa tūddeśataḥ prokto vibhūter vistaro mayā
yad yad vibhūtimat sattvaḿ śrīmad ūrjitam eva vā
tat tad evāvagaccha tvaḿ mama tejo’ḿśa-saḿbhavam
atha vā bahunaitena kiḿ jñātena tavārjuna
viṣṭabhyāham idaḿ kṛtsnam ekāḿśena sthito jagat
1) The Supreme Lord said: My dear friend, mighty-armed Arjuna, listen again to My supreme word, which I shall impart to you for your benefit and which will give you great joy.
2) Neither the hosts of demigods nor the great sages know My origin, for, in every respect, I am the source of the demigods and the sages.
3) He who knows Me as the unborn, as the beginningless, as the Supreme Lord of all the worlds--he, undeluded among men, is freed from all sins.
4-5) Intelligence, knowledge, freedom from doubt and delusion, forgiveness, truthfulness, self-control and calmness, pleasure and pain, birth, death, fear, fearlessness, nonviolence, equanimity, satisfaction, austerity, charity, fame and infamy are created by Me alone.
6) The seven great sages and before them the four other great sages and the Manus [progenitors of mankind] are born out of My mind, and all creatures in these planets descend from them.
7) He who knows in truth this glory and power of Mine engages in unalloyed devotional service; of this there is no doubt.
8) I am the source of all spiritual and material worlds. Everything emanates from Me. The wise who know this perfectly engage in My devotional service and worship Me with all their hearts.
9) The thoughts of My pure devotees dwell in Me, their lives are surrendered to Me, and they derive great satisfaction and bliss enlightening one another and conversing about Me.
10) To those who are constantly devoted and worship Me with love, I give the understanding by which they can come to Me.
11) Out of compassion for them, I, dwelling in their hearts, destroy with the shining lamp of knowledge the darkness born of ignorance.
12-13) Arjuna said: You are the Supreme Brahman, the ultimate, the supreme abode and purifier, the Absolute Truth and the eternal divine person. You are the primal God, transcendental and original, and You are the unborn and all-pervading beauty. All the great sages such as Narada, Asita, Devala, and Vyasa proclaim this of You, and now You Yourself are declaring it to me.
14) O Krsna, I totally accept as truth all that You have told me. Neither the gods nor demons, O Lord, know Thy personality.
15) Indeed, You alone know Yourself by Your own potencies, O origin of all, Lord of all beings, God of gods, O Supreme Person, Lord of the universe!
16) Please tell me in detail of Your divine powers by which You pervade all these worlds and abide in them.
17) How should I meditate on You? In what various forms are You to be contemplated, O Blessed Lord?
18) Tell me again in detail, O Janardana [Krsna], of Your mighty potencies and glories, for I never tire of hearing Your ambrosial words.
19) The Blessed Lord said: Yes, I will tell you of My splendorous manifestations, but only of those which are prominent, O Arjuna, for My opulence is limitless.
20) I am the Self, O Gudakesa, seated in the hearts of all creatures. I am the beginning, the middle and the end of all beings.
21) Of the Adityas I am Visnu, of lights I am the radiant sun, I am Marici of the Maruts, and among the stars I am the moon.
22) Of the Vedas I am the Sama-veda; of the demigods I am Indra; of the senses I am the mind, and in living beings I am the living force [knowledge].
23) Of all the Rudras I am Lord Siva; of the Yaksas and Raksasas I am the Lord of wealth [Kuvera]; of the Vasus I am fire [Agni], and of mountains I am Meru.
24) Of priests, O Arjuna, know Me to be the chief, Brhaspati, the lord of devotion. Of generals I am Skanda, the lord of war; and of bodies of water I am the ocean.
25) Of the great sages I am Bhrgu; of vibrations I am the transcendental om. Of sacrifices I am the chanting of the holy names [japa], and of immovable things I am the Himalayas.
26) Of all trees I am the holy fig tree, and among sages and demigods I am Narada. Of the singers of the gods [Gandharvas] I am Citraratha, and among perfected beings I am the sage Kapila.
27) Of horses know Me to be Uccaihsrava, who rose out of the ocean, born of the elixir of immortality; of lordly elephants I am Airavata, and among men I am the monarch.
28) Of weapons I am the thunderbolt; among cows I am the surabhi, givers of abundant milk. Of procreators I am Kandarpa, the god of love, and of serpents I am Vasuki, the chief.
29) Of the celestial Naga snakes I am Ananta; of the aquatic deities I am Varuna. Of departed ancestors I am Aryama, and among the dispensers of law I am Yama, lord of death.
30) Among the Daitya demons I am the devoted Prahlada; among subduers I am time; among the beasts I am the lion, and among birds I am Garuda, the feathered carrier of Visnu.
31) Of purifiers I am the wind; of the wielders of weapons I am Rama; of fishes I am the shark, and of flowing rivers I am the Ganges.
32) Of all creations I am the beginning and the end and also the middle, O Arjuna. Of all sciences I am the spiritual science of the self, and among logicians I am the conclusive truth.
33) Of letters I am the letter A, and among compounds I am the dual word. I am also inexhaustible time, and of creators I am Brahma, whose manifold faces turn everywhere.
34) I am all-devouring death, and I am the generator of all things yet to be. Among women I am fame, fortune, speech, memory, intelligence, faithfulness and patience.
35) Of hymns I am the Brhat-sama sung to the Lord Indra, and of poetry I am the Gayatri verse, sung daily by Brahmanas. Of months I am November and December, and of seasons I am flower-bearing spring.
36) I am also the gambling of cheats, and of the splendid I am the splendor. I am victory, I am adventure, and I am the strength of the strong.
37) Of the descendants of Vrsni I am Vasudeva, and of the Pandavas I am Arjuna. Of the sages I am Vyasa, and among great thinkers I am Usana.
38) Among punishments I am the rod of chastisement, and of those who seek victory, I am morality. Of secret things I am silence, and of the wise I am wisdom.
39) Furthermore, O Arjuna, I am the generating seed of all existences. There is no being--moving or unmoving--that can exist without Me.
40) O mighty conqueror of enemies, there is no end to My divine manifestations. What I have spoken to you is but a mere indication of My infinite opulences.
41) Know that all beautiful, glorious, and mighty creations spring from but a spark of My splendor.
42) But what need is there, Arjuna, for all this detailed knowledge? With a single fragment of Myself I pervade and support this entire universe.
No Extra Information available for this song!
UPDATED: December 22, 2015