Krsna Kirtana Songs est. 2001 www.kksongs.org
Song Name: Jaya Nrsimha Sri Nrsimha
Official Name: Narasimha Sahasra Nama Stotram
oḿ nṛsiḿhāya namaḥ
oḿ mahāsiḿhāya namaḥ
oḿ divyasiḿhāya namaḥ
oḿ mahābalāya namaḥ
oḿ ugrasiḿhāya namaḥ
oḿ mahadevāya namaḥ
jaya nṛsiḿha śrī nṛsiḿha jaya jaya nṛsiḿha (deva)
prahlādeśa jaya padma mukha padma bhṛńga
nārasiḿho mahāsiḿho divyasiḿho mahābalaḥ
ugrasiḿho mahādevaḥ stambha-jaś cogra-locanaḥ
raudraḥ sarvādbhutaḥ śrīmān yogānandas trivikramaḥ
hariḥ kolāhalaś cakrī vijayo jaya-vardhanaḥ
pañcānanaḥ para-brahma caghoro ghora-vikramaḥ
jvālān-mukho jvālamālī mahājvālo mahāprabhuḥ
niṭilākṣaḥ sahasrākṣo durnirīkṣyaḥ pratāpanaḥ
mahādaḿṣṭrā yudhaḥ-prājñaś caṇḍa-kopī sadāśivaḥ
guṇa-bhadro mahābhadro bala-bhadro subhadrakaḥ
karālo vikarālaś ca vikartā sarva-kartṛkaḥ
śiḿśumāras trilokātmā īśaḥ sarveśvaro vibhuḥ
bhairavāḍambaro divyaś cācyutaḥ kavi mādhavaḥ
adhokṣajo'kṣaraḥ śarvo vanamālī varapradaḥ
viśvambharo'dbhuto bhavyo viṣṇuśca puruṣottamaḥ
amoghāstro nakhāstraś ca sūryajyotiḥ sureśvaraḥ
sahasrabāhuḥ sarvajñaḥ sarva-siddhi-pradāyakaḥ
vajra-daḿṣṭro vajra-nakho mahānādaḥ paran-tapaḥ
sarva-mantraika-rūpaś ca sarva-yantra-vidāraṇaḥ
sarva-tantrātmako'vyaktaḥ suvyakto bhakta vatsalaḥ
udāra-kīrtiḥ puṇyātmā mahātmā caṇḍa-vikramaḥ
vedatraya prapūjyaś ca bhagavān parameśvaraḥ
śrīvatsāńkaḥ śrīnivāso jagad-vyāpī jagan-mayaḥ
jagat-pālo jagannātho mahākāyo dvi-rūpabhṛt
paramātmā parañjyotir nirguṇaś ca nṛkesarī
para-tattvaḿ paran-dhāma sac-cid-ānanda vigrahaḥ
lakṣmī-nṛsiḿhaḥ sarvātmā dhīraḥ prahlāda-pālakaḥ
idaḿ lakṣmī-nṛsiḿhasya nāmāṣṭottaramī śatam
tri-sandhyaḿ yaḥ paṭhed bhaktyā sarvābhīṣṭamavāpnuyāt
Prelude Obeisances: Om! I invoke the name of the half-man half-lion, the great lion, the divine lion, the greatly powerful, the terrifying lion, the Lord of Lords!
Refrain: Glories to Lord Nrsimha, Laksmi Nrsimha, All Glories to Lord Nrsimhadeva. The Lord of Prahlada, like a honeybee, is always engaged in beholding the lotuslike face of the goddess of fortune.
1) Glories to the half-man half-lion, the great lion, the divine lion, the greatly powerful, the terrifying lion, the lord of lords, the lord appeared from the pillar with terrifying eyes.
2) Glories to the Lord who is angry, wonderful in everyway, beautiful, source of yogic bliss, Vamana (three great steps), takes our troubles away, roaring (Varahadeva), who carries the disk, always victorious, and increasing glories.
3) Glories to the five-headed Lord, Supreme Absolute Truth, not horrible, terrifying activities, effulgent face, with effulgent garland, most effulgent, Supreme Master (not different than Lord Caitanya).
4) Sri Nrsimhadeva possesses all good (moral) qualities, is thousand-eyes, difficult to see (difficult to look at), oppresses His enemies with great heat, great teeth, intelligent in battle (ready to fight), angry moon, and is all auspicious.
5) He destroys Hiranyakasipu, destroys masses of demon and giants, wonderful qualities (gentleman!), very auspicious, auspiciously powerful, and extremely auspicious.
6) Oh one with wide open mouth, with very wide open mouth, who performs wonderful activities, who performs ALL activities, Matsya, Soul of the three worlds, controller, supreme controller, and the best.
7) He causes terror by roaring in the sky, divine, infallible, intelligent (poet), husband of Laksmi, beyond understanding (or explaining), infallible, everything, wears a garland of forest flower, and bestower of boons.
8) He wears garland of forest flowers, grants boons, maintains the universe, wonderful, determines the future, He is the future, all pervading, Supreme Enjoyer, never wounded by weapons, with nails for weapons, source of Suns rays, and Lord of the demigods.
9) He is the Thousand-Armed One, the All-Knowing One, awards all perfections, lightning-like teeth, lightning like nails, source of supreme bliss, and the source of all energy (heat).
10) Although One, he appears as the many mantras, He destroys all machines (demoniac arrangements), the essence of all tantras, the unmanifested, the wonderfully manifest, and kind to His devotees.
11) He appeared during waxing moon of Visakha, kind to those surrendered to Him, universally famous, the essence of piety, the great personality, and moonlike performer of great deeds.
12) He is the three Vedas, supreme worshipable, Supreme Personality of Godhead, Supreme Controller, marked with sign of Laksmi, pervades the entire universe, and makes the material world seem real.
13) Protector of the universe, Lord of Universe, moves in the air, has double form (man-lion), Supersoul, source of Brahma, transcendental qualities (not part of material nature), and man-lion.
14) He is the Supreme Absolute Truth, the Supreme Abode, the form of truth, eternal knowledge, and bliss, The Man-Lion Form together with Laksmi-devi, universal soul, sober (never bewildered), and the protector of Prahlada Maharaja.
15) Thus concludes the versified prayer of the one-hundred eight names of Sri Sri Laksmi Nrsimhadeva. The devotee who reads this prayer three times daily will obtain all desirable goals.
Remarks/ Extra Information:
This song was recorded sometime in mid to late 1970s to early/mid 1980s. This song was from a tape “Nrsimha bhajans” which were a collection of Nrsimha prayer (“namaste narasimhaya”) from all over the world. In this collection of songs, this song was presented. Thus, the lyrics are hereby presented on KKSongs.org.
The refrain was originally sung by Lord Caitanya Mahaprabhu in the Caitanya Caritamrta Madhya Lila Chapter 8 Verse 5.
The rendering of this song was in Raga Bhimphalasi in Kaherva Tala. This can also be sung in Visva Vandita Tala.
Verse 5, in some versions, is sung as “hiraṇyaka niśudhana.”
UPDATED: July 28, 2016