Krsna Kirtana Songs est. 2001 www.kksongs.org
Song Name: Jiv Jago Jiv Jago
Official Name: Arunodaya Kirtana Song 2
Author: Bhaktivinoda Thakura
Book Name: Gitavali
jīv jāgo, jīv jāgo, gauracānda bole
kota nidrā jāo māyā-piśācīra kole
bhajibo boliyā ese saḿsāra-bhitare
bhuliyā rohile tumi avidyāra bhare
tomāre loite āmi hoinu avatāra
āmi binā bandhu āra ke āche tomāra
enechi auṣadhi māyā nāśibāro lāgi'
hari-nāma mahā-mantra lao tumi māgi'
bhakativinoda prabhu-caraṇe pariyā
sei hari-nāma-mantra loilo māgiyā
WORD FOR WORD TRANSLATION: Jiv Jago
1) Lord Gauranga is calling, "Wake up, sleeping souls! Wake up, sleeping souls! How long will you sleep in the lap of the witch called Maya?
2) You have forgotten the way of devotional service and are lost in the world of birth and death.
3) I have descended just to save you; other than Myself you have no friend in this world.
4) I have brought the medicine that will wipe out the disease of illusion from which you are suffering. Take this maha-mantra-Hare Krsna, Hare Krsna, Krsna Krsna, Hare Hare/Hare Rama, Hare Rama Rama Rama, Hare Hare."
5) Srila Bhaktivinoda Thakura says: "I fall at the Lord's feet, having taken this mahā-mantra."
Remarks/ Extra Information:
This song can be sung in either Raga Jhinjhoti in Kaherva Tala or the Bengali morning raga (Raga Bangala) in Dadra Tala.
UPDATED: October 29, 2015