Krsna Kirtana Songs est. 2001 www.kksongs.org
Song Name: Visva Udita Nama Tapan
Official Name: Namastakam Song 3
Author: Bhaktivinoda Thakura
Book Name: Gitavali
viśve udita, nāma-tapan,
choḍata saba, māyā-vibhava,
sādhu tāhe anurāgī
tomār mahimā kebā jāne
ke heno paṇḍita-jan, tomāra māhātmya-gaṇ,
uccaiḥ-sware sakala bākhāne
tomāra ābhās pahilohi bhāy
e bhava-timira kavalita-prāy
acire timira nāśiyā prajńān
tattvāndha-nayane korena vidhān
sei to’ prajńān viśuddha bhakati
upajāy hari-viṣayinī mati
e adbhuta-līlā satata tomār
bhakativinoda jāniyāche sār
1) The sun of the holy name has appeared in the universe to destroy all forms of ignorance. Casting aside all worldly things, the saintly become devoted to Him alone.
2) The sun of the holy name is the remover of the darkness of ignorance. O Harinam, who actually knows Your greatness? What sort of learned man is capable of singing all Your glories?
3) O holy name, from the very moment You first appear on the horizon of the heart, the darkness of this material world is almost totally devoured.
4) Quickly destroying all remaining darkness, You bestow divine wisdom upon our spiritually blinded eyes.
5) That divine wisdom gives rise within the heart to pure devotion and an understanding of the transcendental characteristics of Lord Hari.
6) This wonderful pastime of Yours is eternal and Thakura Bhaktivinoda has understood its essence.
No Extra Information available for this song!
UPDATED: August 14, 2017